THE LEGAL WEB ONLINE THEME
Welcome to The Legal Web Online Theme. This is the documentation to assist you in getting your Theme installed and also to guide you with your theme in order to create a beautiful website.
For more about The Legal Web Online, see our website at www.thelegalwebonline.co.za.
Where to Start
Once you have purchased your theme, you will be able to access your Theme to downloads via your account on The Legal Web Online Website.
Shop – My Shop Account
In the My Shop Accounts you will receive 2 download files:
- The Website Theme Folder; and
- The Demo Content Folder.
The Theme works as follows:
- The Website Theme is the theme for the whole website. The Website Theme determines how your entire website will look, for example, what font your heading will be in or what colour.
- The Website Theme has been set up and all you need to do is install it. This is folder (1) – The Theme Folder.
- The Demo content contains:
- The actual website pages / TEMPLATES, this is the page we have designed for you (eg Law Firm Theme, Business Consultant Theme etc) (xml format);
- Your images for your website theme. Please note that you need to have a hosting plan, a domain name and wordpress installed before you can start.
STEP 1: How to install your Theme (folder 1)
- When you download the 2 folders, they will be zipped.
- The THEME FOLDER MUST STAY ZIPPED.
- The DEMO CONTENT YOU MUST UNZIP.
- In your WordPress Admin site do the following:
- Click on Appearance – Themes – Add New
- Click Upload
- Click Choose File
- Browse for the ZIPPED THEME FOLDER – FOLDER 1
- Click Install
STEP 2: INSTALL PLUGINS
- In order to get the Theme and Demo Content to work, you need to install the various Plugins.
- These Plugins are the following:
- Elementor (Website Page Builder and Templates); and
- Essential addons for Elementor
- Weforms (Your contact forms).
- There are also various recommended (but not essential Plugins, which we have set out for you in PARAGRAPH….
- TO INSTALL THE PLUGINS:
- Go to Plugins – Add New – Search
- One by one search for Elementor and Weforms
- Click Install Plugin
- Click Activate
The Next is to install your Template pages that you have purchased / Demo Content
To install your Demo Content/ Templates
The next step is to install your Template pages that you have purchased / Demo Content
- Go to Tools – Import
- Click WordPress Importer
- Run Importer
- Click Choose File
- In your Demo Content File, you will find a file head with your theme (Law Firm, Business Consultant, Events etc) and an images folder.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UNZIPPED THE FOLDER
- Now insert the File with the Template Name only, not the images folder (ONLY THE FILE LAW FIRM, BUSINESS CONSULTANT ETC).
- Once you have inserted the file, Click Import.
- Next go to Pages
- You should your Template Page.
- You can Click view page and your Page should be there.
- At this point your theme will not yet look the same. We still have to set the theme up.
- In this step, we will include your logo, your site name, your site description, your menu items and a few other settings, which you may or may not want.
- for this Step, go to Appearance – Customize
- You will now be on a Page that looks like this:
- We now are going to set up your Page.
STEP 1: FIRST, GO TO SITE IDENTITY
- In Site Identity, upload your logo, insert your site name and site description.
- Your Logo should be no bigger than 150 x 80.
- You may also want to insert your Favicon. Your Favicon is what your logo will show up as on your browser. This should be 500 x 500 and can be just the symbol of your logo or initial.
- Click Publish (save your work)
STEP 2: ADD YOUR PAGE
- Go to Homepage Settings
- Click Static Post
- Click your Page (demo content / template)
- This will be your home page.
STEP 3: WIDGETS
- At the Bottom of your website page, you will see various widgets.
- You can add your delete as you require.
- On my website page, I have deleted them for now.
At this point, you template page will be your site page. It will however have blank spaces as you need to insert your images.
For this you can use my images that I have provided (from Pixabay) or you can insert your images (your images folder that you have unzipped – Demo Content)
- First you need to go to your admin panel – Media – Library – Add new.
- Now you will upload your images that your require. Either from my images or your own.
Set Up Page
In this stage, we want to build your site, to your requirements. We are going to use Elementor to do this.
- IN your Admin Panel – Click Pages – View Your Template Page.
- Next CLICK ON EDIT WITH ELEMENTOR.
- Your screen should now look like this:
ADD YOUR IMAGES
- You will see that if you click on the various parts of this page, the page is divided into sections. With the content in each section.
- You can add text or images into the section (or any other item, you can find on the left hand panel – such as contact forms, pricing tables etc).
- In order to amend a section, at the top of the section, in the middle, right click on the bar and click edit section.
- To add your image, on Elementor – click style, background and insert image.
- You can also select background layer to change the color of the layer over the image.
- For each section add your images.
- In the contact section, add Weforms.
- Your Website Template /Demo Content should now be complete.
Add other items to your menu
In order to add more items to your menu (ig about, contact, services etc), you first need to add more pages and build the page.
For this, go to Pages – Add New.
You can edit with Elementor and build your page.
When you are finished, click publish.
Then go to Customizer – Menu and you’re your new page.
Always be careful adding your own Plugins. They can break your site, or contain code for hackers. We have also set up your theme and demo content so as to allow you to keep your plugins to the minimum. We do however have a few plugins which we recommend. This is for search engine optimisation and general ease of the theme.
List of Recommended Plugins (FREE):
- Yoast: Sets up your search engine tools, links your site to google search console.
- In order to get your site on Google – it needs to be indexed. Yoast will help you do this. First however you need to set up an account with Google Search Console.
- Jetpack: Jetpack lets you monitor your site and users.
- To use Jetpack, you can install WordPress on your phone. Once you have installed the plugin, set it up – link to WordPress. You can use the free version.
- Woocommerce: To add an Online Store;
- Autoptimizer: To further SEO and optimize your site;
- WP Optimizer: To optimize your images. This is good for your SEO and to get your site loading faster.
- Redis: This optimized your Database.
- Sucuri: To add extra security to your site.